top of page
CADA cannot:

Provide legal council (support) or legal advice

This includes answering legal questions or providing legal support around custody/family law/estates/divorce/etc.


Our staff are not paralegals or attorneys.

The only "legal" assistance we can provide is assistance with civil legal protection order packets.


If you need free legal assistance contact:

CLEAR North West Justice Project,



Shelter for non- DV related issues

We have a small, extremely limited capacity shelter.

We do NOT have a waitlist and will not publicly post if/when we have availability or capacity.

If we have capacity, our shelter is first come, first serve. In order to qualify, the client must be actively fleeing domestic violence or intimate partner violence.

This is a non-confidential shelter. 

Provide advocacy to non-Island County residents

We can provide referrals and resources to anyone who calls or visits CADA or our office.

But, we can only provide on-going services, such as advocacy, to Island County residents only. Island County Residents must be survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault/abuse or stalking to get our services. All of our services are free and confidential. 


 If you need to find a domestic violence/sexual assault support agency in your area, visit:

or call 800.799.SAFE (7233)

CADA cannot:

Modify or lift NCO's (No contact orders)

This is NOT a service we provide. We also do not provide safety planning in terms of NCO's or "domestic violence assessments"


If you need free legal assistance contact:

CLEAR North West Justice Project,



Offer anger management classes or preparator classes also know as "victim panels"

We do NOT offer any of these classes. We currently do not know of any agencies on or near Whidbey Island that offer these services. 

We also do not offer "DV assessments"/"DV classes"

We only provide support and on-going services to survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking. 

Facilitate or schedule Civil Standby's 

We (CADA) do not coordinate, enforce of schedule Civil Standbys. Contact local law enforcement to schedule your standby and always keep a certified copy of your protection order with you at all times. 


Have other questions that weren't answered here? Please call our main office or fill out this chart below:

Thank you! A member of our staff will be in touch with you within 24 - 48 hours.

bottom of page